Lyles College of Engineering
2320 E. San Ramon Ave, MS EE 94
Fresno, CA 93740-8030, USA
Dr. Na received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in electrical engineering from Kwangwoon University, Seoul, S.Korea, in 1995 and 1997, respectively, and earned the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington in May, 2008. From 2008 to 2009, he was with Caterpillar Inc, Peoria, IL and participated in several hybrid electric drives programs as a Senior Engineer. From 2009 to 2010, he was a Post-doctoral Researcher with the University of Michigan–Dearborn. He was Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Bradley University, Peoria, IL between Aug. 2010 and July 2013. Currently he is Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, California State University, Fresno since Aug. 2013. His research interests include power electronics, power systems, electric drives, and digital signal process (DSP)based control designs for hybrid electric vehicle and renewable/ alternative energy applications.
- Woonki Na, Bei Gou, Jonghoon Kim, Felipe Mojica and Po-Ya Abel Chuang, "Complementary cooperation dynamic characteristics analysis and modeling based on multiple-input multiple-output methodology combined with nonlinear control strategy for a polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell" Renewable Energy, 2020, vol. 149, issue C, 273-286
- Woonki Na, Pengyua Chen and Jonghoon Kim, “An Improvement of a Fuzzy Logic Controlled Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithm for Photovoltaic Applications,” published in Applied Science: Energy Saving in 2017, 7(4), 326.
- Woonki Na, Pengyua Chen and Jonghoon Kim, “Elimination of Chattering by Control Strategy based on the Multi-Phase Sliding Model Control for Efficient Power Conversion in a DC-DC Circuit,” published in Energies, Sept. 2017, 10(9), 1389.
- Woonki Na, T.Park,T. Kim, and S. Kwak, “Light Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicles Based on Predictive Controllers,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Volume 60, Issue 1, 2011, Pages: 87-97
- Bei Gou, Woonki Na, and Bill Diong “Fuel Cells: Modeling, Control and Application.” A book in the Power Electronics Series, Second Edition was published in August 23, 2016 by CRC Press