Lyles College of Engineering
To Our Alumni
Designing and Building the Future with the Lyles College of Engineering Alumni Chapter!
Engineering education first began at Fresno State College in 1922, when Professor Herbert Wheaton was hired to begin instruction in civil engineering. The program, which began with 35 students and a smattering of equipment, has matured into the formidable Lyles College of Engineering.
Over the past eight decades, alumni of the College have made countless contributions to our communities, country, and world. Our alumni have included astronauts, business owners, Fortune 500 executives, managers, designers, innovators and those who have assumed leadership roles at all levels of public service including city, county, state and federal governments as well as the military and NASA. As a university, we are proud to hail them as our alumni and to recognize their important contributions that helped move our nation forward.
With a steady growth rate, the Lyles College of Engineering now serves more than 1,700 undergraduate and graduate students across six academic programs: civil engineering, computer engineering, construction management, electrical engineering, geomatics engineering, and mechanical engineering.
The Chapter Purpose
The purpose of this chapter is to promote the growth and advancement of the Lyles College of Engineering, its students, faculty, and alumni.
The Chapter Mission
To establish closer contact between the University, College and its alumni; to promote activities beneficial to the College, alumni, the University and the engineering and construction management community; to assist in the recruitment of students and provide scholarships; to publicize, support and promote the professions of engineering and construction management.
Alumni Chapter Officer's Board
2022 Officer Contact List:
- President – Analisa Gonzales
- Vice President Elect - Susana Maciel
- Secretary – Ezequiel Fregoso
- Treasurer – Cassie Scholz
- Outreach Chair – Courtney Calma
- Scholarship Chair – Magdaleno Jimenez
- At-Large Officer (Construction Management) – Tammy Lee
- At-Large Officer (Construction Management) - Ramandeep Gill
- At-Large Officer (Electrical Engineering) – Harim Martinez
- At-Large Officer (Computer Engineering) – Jason Martin
- At-Large Officer (Civil Engineering) – April Lucchesi
- At-Large Officer Alan Cheng
- At-Large Officer Past President - Susana Maciel
For additional information, visit Fresno State Alumni Association.