Electrical and Computer Engineering
Welcome to Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
Learn more about resources and programs available for current studentsSee resources
Chair's Welcome Message
Reza Raeisi, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at CSU Fresno is a dynamic and inclusive community of students, faculty, and staff dedicated to advancing the ever-changing fields of engineering and remaining abreast of modern high-technology developments.
We are committed to ensuring that our students have a rewarding higher education experience and that all members feel included and valued. We are deeply committed to providing the best engineering education by evolving at the forefront of technologies in the following areas:
- Energy, Power and Control Systems
- RF, High Frequency Electronics, and Signal Processing
- Wireless Communications
- VLSI Design and Test
- Embedded Systems
- FPGA Digital Logic Design Prototyping
- Remote Sensing and Cybersecurity
- AI and Machine Learning
- Optical Engineering
The ECE Department is a leader in CSU Fresno's mission to foster student success, provide exceptional quality programs, facilitate student engagement and learning, promote leadership, and develop a sense of belonging while supporting academic and career goals. Our goal is to grow our programs while ensuring that we provide opportunities to students from all backgrounds to become highly skilled professionals that contribute to a diverse workforce.
We are proud to continue building towards a more equitable and inclusive environment for our students and furthering our region's economic development and growth. We highly value and hold strong connections with regional industry professionals.
The ECE faculty continuously evaluates and improves the program's curriculum to align with technological advancements that enable our students to enter the workforce with confidence in their skill sets.
ECE Department Highlights:
- Offers two Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees, one in Electrical Engineering and the other in Computer Engineering with unmatched breadth and depth.
- Both Electrical Engineering (EE) and Computer Engineering (CPE) degree programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Offers graduate programs leading to a Master of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (MSECE).
- Offers Undergraduate Minor degrees in
- Cyber Security
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Students ought to choose to major in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering because the ECE Department has a dedicated faculty committed to excellent teaching and research, all working toward a common goal of quality instruction and servicing students in well-established programs while maintaining a friendly department atmosphere.
- The ECE Department programs provide excellent instruction in various vibrant sub-fields within the Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering domains.
- The laboratory infrastructure of the ECE Department is constantly being updated and modernized to keep up with discoveries and technological developments that require new Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering skills.
- Students ought to select one of the majors offered by the ECE Department because the technical aspiration of creating new devices and methodologies to carry out solutions to the complex technological problems is in much need in our universe.
- Degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering have been consistently in high demand throughout the world because electrical engineers and computer engineers are at the forefront in the development of technologies that lead to inventions, new devices, and new products that improve the lives of human beings everywhere.
- Excellent job opportunities are available for students after graduation. The average entry-level salary for an Electrical Engineer is $76.3K in California (www.careerexplorer.com) with the median salary at $127.2K and the top 20% at $174.3K. Similar salaries are offered to Computer Engineers as well, ranging from $129.9K to $196.8K. Therefore, both the Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering fields provide an excellent path not only for an engaging career, but also for financial rewards, and upward mobility.
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering degrees have consistently been prestigious and prominent in public and private institutions, industry, and government agencies. Both Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering are evolving fields, meaning that there are opportunities for continued growth and development once your career has started. This also allows for you to pivot into new technical areas as they start to mature, and for continued technical career growth. Finally, professional networking within the field can also provide excellent opportunities for career advancement and engagement.
We would be elated to count you among our growing community of alumni, students, colleagues, friends and supporters. Thank you for stopping by, and GO Bulldogs!
Reza Raeisi, Ph.D.
|Dr. Reza Raeisi
|Graduate Program Coordinator
|Dr. Zoulikha Mouffak
|Computer Engineering Program Coordinator
|Dr. Shahab Tayeb
|Electrical Engineering Program Coordinator
|Dr. Woonki Na
|Honors Program Director
|Dr. Aaron Stillmaker
|VIP Program Director
|Department Administrative Assistant
|Equipment Support Technician
Department Contact Information
The department main office is located at EE254 in the Engineering East building.