The Advising Partnership
The Lyles College of Engineering Advising Center highly recommends that students meet with their Faculty Advisor at least once in the Academic year, for academic planning purposes, especially if they are in their junior or senior year.
Advising is a shared responsibility between the advisor and student. However, students should always plan and be prepared for their advising sessions.
The Lyles College of Engineering Advising Center is committed to:
- Professionally communicate to students in a timely manner.
- Be accessible for student inquiries.
- Knowledgeable of University policies and procedures.
- Guiding and assisting students to identify the best course of action to address concerns.
- Referral to appropriate resources.
It is the expectation of students to:
- Have a general understanding of the University's programs, policies and procedures
- Be prepared to discuss their academic progress.
- Follow through on recommended course of actions and/or referrals.
- Check their Fresno State email on a regular basis.
- Respond to Advisor inquires in a timely manner.