Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement (MESA)
National Engineering Design Competition
Below is information for the National Engineering Design Competition. It is currently in the second cycle of Competition.
In this challenge students will implement the Human-Centered Design approach to find a client in thier community who has a need, design a solution for this need using Arduino and present their solution and recommendation (s)
The following components will be used to assess the effective implementation of a Human-Centered Design approach, effective implementation of the Engineering Design Process, and the functionality of the prototype and successful integration of Arduino into prototype:
- Technical Interview and Poster
- Project Report
- Prototype Pitch
There are several competitions throughout the spring for the National Engineering Design Challenge:
- Preliminaries: Held in February at Fresno State, FIRST PLACE will be the only team at each level (middle school and high school) advancing to Regionals.
- Regionals: Held in April at Google(Mountain View Office),Teams Placing first, second and third at each level (middle school and high school) will move on to State Competition.
- State: Held in May at UCLA. First place middle school and first place high school teams will advance to the National competition.
The national competition will be held in Arizona in June, 2019. The top middle school and top high school teams from California will compete against MESA students from Arizona, Colorado, Maryland, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Washington at the national competition.
- MESA Day Rules
- Upcoming Events
- California Colleges.edu
- Lyles College of Engineering
- California MESA
- Pathways: Student Services