Ching Choo, Ph.D., P.E.
Office: Engineering East, Room 174
Mailing Address: 2320 E. San Ramon Ave., MS/EE 94, Fresno, CA 93740-8030
Office Hours: By Appointment Only
More Information about Dr. Choo:
- PE, Civil Engineer, CA (82202)
- PE, Civil Engineer, AZ (55168)
- CE130 – Theory of Structures
- CE132 – Reinforced Concrete Design
- CE230 – Advanced Theory of Structures
- CE232 – Prestressed Concrete
- CE236 – Reinforced Masonry Theory and Design
- CE239 – Advanced Reinforced Concrete Theory
- ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering
- ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction
- ASCE Journal of Materials for Civil Engineering
- Journal of Mechanic of Materials and Structures
- Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier Science LTD., UK
- Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky (2005)
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky (1998)
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky (1997)
Research Fellow, Kentucky Transportation Center
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC – Educator Membership)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- The Masonry Society (TMS)
Bisby, L., Williams, B, and Choo, C.C., “Design Procedure,” The International Handbook of FRP Composites in Civil Engineering. CRC Press. September 2013. 706 pp.
Choo, C.C., and Harik, I., “Concrete Columns Reinforced Internally with Fiber Reinforced Polymers Bars,” The International Handbook of FRP Composites in Civil Engineering. CRC Press. September 2013. 706 pp.
Choo, C.C., and Harik, I.E. Structural Deck Evaluation of the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge. Historic Bridges – Evaluation, Preservation, and Management. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group. 2008. ISBN 13-978-1-4200-7995-1. Pp. 101-124.
Choo, C.C., Zhao, T., and Harik, I.E., “Flexural Retrofit of a Bridge subjected to Overweight Trucks using CFRP Laminates,” Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 38, Issues 5-6, July-September 2007, pp. 732-738.
Alagusundaramoorthy, P., Harik, I.E., and Choo, C.C., “Structural Behavior of FRP Composite Bridge Deck Panels,” ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 11, Issue 4, July/August 2006. pp. 384-393.
Choo, C.C., Harik, I.E., and Gesund, H., “Strength Interaction of RC Columns Reinforced Internally with FRP Bars”, ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 103, Issue 3, May/June 2006. pp. 452-459.
Choo, C.C., Harik, I.E., and Gesund, H., “Minimum Reinforcement Ratio for FRP RC Rectangular Columns”, ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 103, Issue 3, May/June 2006. pp. 460-466.
Choo, C.C., Harik, I.E., and Gesund, H., “Concrete Columns with FRP Bars – Extending the Life of Concrete Structures,” The 34th Conference on Our World in Concrete & Structures (OWCS 09), Singapore, August 16-18, 2009
Choo, C.C., Harik, I.E.,, Zater, W., & Ding, H.S., “Seismic Assessment and Evaluation of 520 Highway Bridges in Western Kentucky” The Fourth International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety, and Management (IABMAS 08), Seoul, Korea, July 12-17, 2008.
- Structural Engineering
- Reinforced & Prestressed Concrete Structures
- Advanced fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites
- Retrofit of structures
Fall 2016 Office Hours: By Appointment Only